Founded by CEO, Linc Coleman in 1973, U. L. Coleman Companies has grown to become a leading full-service real estate group providing diverse product expertise for commercial and multifamily residential products. In providing these services, we utilize a fully integrated approach; one that respects the environment and social and economic needs of communities. The growth of our companies has created employment opportunities for more than 150 team members in various departments and locations. Our approach combines professional planning, aesthetic appeal, and quality service. From land development and construction, to property management, U. L. Coleman Companies offer attractive, affordable working and living environments and sound investment opportunities.
With its corporate headquarters located in Shreveport, Louisiana, U. L. Coleman Properties, LLC was the first commercial real estate company in North Louisiana to receive the Accredited Management Organization® (AMO®) designation. Our management portfolio includes over 2.7 million square feet of office buildings, shopping centers, industrial properties, mini-storage facilities and multifamily communities.
Whether you are looking for the right office, retail, industrial environment, multifamily community for your lifestyle, or a professional, accredited organization to manage your real estate investments, U. L. Coleman Companies will exceed your expectations in providing successful solutions and long term results.
- Regional full-service commercial real estate services
- Professional affiliations and designations
- Asset & property management and consulting
- Commercial leasing and brokerage
- Management of multifamily communities and commercial properties
- Development and construction services
Company Designations and Affiliations
- Accredited Management Organization® (AMO®)
- Louisiana REALTORS® Association (LRA)
Northwest Louisiana Association of REALTORS® -Commercial Investment Division (CID)
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Urban Land Institute
- Building Owners and Managers Association® (BOMA®) International Foundation
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Institute of Real Estate Management® (IREM®) of National Association of REALTORS®
- National Association of Home Builders/National Commercial Builders Council
- Sales & Marketing Executives of Shreveport
- Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce
- Bossier Chamber of Commerce
- U. S. Chamber of Commerce
- Licensed General Contractors – State of Louisiana
Individuals in our company have received the following designations and memberships:
- REALTORS® National Marketing Institute’s Certified Commercial Investment Member® (CCIM®)
- Executive Committee of Louisiana REALTORS® Association (LRA®)
- Institute of Real Estate Management’s Certified Property Manager® (CPM®)
- Institute of Real Estate Management Accredited Residential Manager® (ARM®)
- Real Property Administrator® (RPA®)
- Northwest Louisiana Association of REALTORS®
- Licensed Brokers and Property Managers in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma
- Northwest Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management
- National Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Licensed Notaries Public, Parishes of Caddo and Bossier
- Better Business Bureau
- Nationally Certified Better Business Bureau Arbitrator
A full-service Commercial Real Estate Company serving the southern U.S. region
Our commercial division has served or represented the following clients:
Academy Sports and Outdoors
Bank of America
Barnes & Noble
C & L Investment (Burger King)
Congressman Jim McCrery
Directech Southwest (Direct TV)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
Federal Express Corporation
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
First Guaranty Bank
International Paper Company
Mail Boxes Etc.
On the Border
Otis Elevator (United Technologies)
Ouachita Independent Bank
Petco Animal Supplies
Prudential Insurance Company
Sally’s Beauty Supplies
Schindler Elevator Company
State Farm Insurance
Coates Bluff at Wright Island
- 2015 – The Coates Bluff at Wright Island Clubhouse was awarded the 2015 Excellence In Design GOLD Award, Category: Hospitality – Service by the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) South Central Chapter (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi).
- 2015 – The Coates Bluff at Wright Island clubhouse was awarded LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification by the U.S. Green Building Council and verified by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), making it the first building by a private development company to achieve this distinction and only the fourth designated and awarded development in the Shreveport-Bossier City area.
- 2014 – The National Apartment Association honored Coates Bluff at Wright Island “Best Americana” in the July 2014 UNITS Magazine.
- 2014 – Coates Bluff received ” A Smoke Free Community” designation from The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living Association.
- 1982 – Kiwanis Downtown Revitalization Award
- 1989 – DSU Award for Preservation of Historically Significant Buildings
- 1989 – Shreveport Beautification Award – Achievement Award for Streetscape and Landscape Improvement
Tallow Wood Apartments
- 1998 – Bossier City Beautification Award
- 1987 – Bossier City Beautification Award
The Willows at Wright Island
- 2000 – IREM’s Marketing, Advertising, and Communications of the Year
- 1991 – Shreveport Beautification Award – Merit Award for Landscape Design and Site Development
(MACY) Award: Second Place in Category A – Brochures and Other Direct Promotions for Small Properties
Northgate Square Apartments
- 1999 – Bossier City Beautification Award
Parking Lot, Corner of Milam and Spring
- 1995 – Shreveport Beautification Award – Merit Award for Scale of Design and Enhancement of Gateway to the Downtown Area
One Bellemead Center
- 1997 – Building Owners & Managers Association (Shreveport, Regional, National, and International) TOBY Award, International Office Building of the Year, under 100,000 sf.
- 1997 – Building Owners & Managers Association, Southwest Region — The Office Building of the Year, under 100,000 sf.
- 1993 – Shreveport Beautification Foundation Special Award for Sustained Excellence in Landscape Management
- 1991 – American Institute of Architects Shreveport Honor Award
- 1989 – National Commercial Builders Council, National Association of Home Builders Award of Excellence for Best Office Project over 50,000 sf.
- 1988 – Urban Land Institute Finalist – Awards for Excellence
- 1988 – Shreveport Beautification Award
U. L. Coleman Properties, Ltd.
- 1983 – AMO® Accredited Management Organization
U. L. Coleman Companies Web Site (www.ulcoleman.com)
- 2000 – IREM’s Marketing, Advertising, and Communications of the Year (MACY) award: Second Place in Category E – Non-Print Advertising for Small Properties
- Commercial brokerage & leasing
- Office administration
- Management training
- Property management
- Property maintenance
- Asset management and market research
- Commercial development
U. L. Coleman Companies offer diverse opportunities for an exciting career. We are a growing and dynamic company, constantly looking for dedicated, career-minded professionals who can contribute to the success and expansion of the company portfolio.
Our commitment to excellence has earned a solid reputation for the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and achievement of superior quality and service. If you are interested in a career with a company that values the dedication and time each associate puts forth, please email your resume and cover letter to the contact below, or apply in person:
U. L. Coleman Companies
Human Resources Department
Ashley Perkins, Director
207 Milam Street, Suite C
Shreveport, LA 71101